CEDAR HILL RECREATION CENTRE
In-Person – Registration Required
PLEASE REGISTER EARLY to avoid disappointment. Course enrollment is limited due to social distancing requirements.
DAY: Tuesday Noon
TEACHER: Gen Kelsang Zopa
WHERE: 3220 Cedar Hill Road
Suitable for everyone! These classes offer practical methods to improve the quality of our lives through meditation and Buddhist teachings.
How to Transform Your Life
In our busy lives we often don’t see the connection between our state of mind and our daily experiences. When our mind is disturbed or agitated we easily experience problems, stress and difficulties.
Learn step-by-step meditations for solving daily problems and discover the methods through which we can bring about positive changes in our lives that will enable us to experience deep and lasting happiness.
SEP 22, 29, OCT 6, 13, 20, 27
- Where does happiness come from?
- What is meditation?
- The nature and function of our mind
- How delusions disturb our mind
- Why we get angry
- Letting go of anger & resentment
FEELING AT PEACE
NOV 3, 10, 17, 25, DEC 1, 8, 15
- Where do feelings come from?
- Understanding karma
- Virtuous and non-virtuous actions
- Purifying your negative karma
- Creating the future you want
- Practicing conscientiousness
- Learning to accept adversity
Each class begins with guided breathing meditation, to help settle the mind and let go of distractions. If we wish, we can join in and recite the Liberating Prayer, which is a chanted prayer where we connect with the inspiration of enlightened beings.
Gen Kelsang Zopa
A Canadian Buddhist monk, Gen Zopa has been presenting the profound and practical teachings of the Buddhist path to enlightenment for over 20 years. Renowned for the clarity and depth of his teachings, his warmth and practicality bring to life the ancient art of meditation.
Q. What are the restrictions/rules/changes in light of Covid?
These classes are being operated by Cedar Hill Rec Centre. You can read their complete Covid-19 Safety Plan at this link.
- You should plan to arrive a little early to allow for safe-distancing during the transit to the classroom.
- Do not come if you have traveled or been around someone who has travelled in the last 14 days or if you have a temperature, sore throat or a cough. If you are unwell and unsure, please use the BC Covd-19 Self-Assessment tool at : https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Watch for signage and instructions from staff.
Q. Do I need to be a Buddhist to attend?
Q. Do I need to have any experience?
Q. How should I dress?
Q. Is there any physical exercise involved?
Q. Do I need to book in advance?
Yes, please book in advance by contacting Cedar Hill Recreation Centre using the registration information on this page.
Q. Do I have to wait for the next series of classes to begin?
It may be possible to join a course that has already begun. Please contact Cedar Hill Recreation Centre using the Registration information on this page.