CEDAR HILL RECREATION CENTRE
In-Person Meditation Class
DAY: Tuesday Noon
TEACHER: Gen Kelsang Zopa
WHERE: 3220 Cedar Hill Road
Suitable for everyone! These classes offer practical methods to improve the quality of our lives through meditation and Buddhist teachings.
LEARNING TO LOVE DIFFICULT PEOPLE
Buddhist philosophy offers clear methods for improving our relationships with others simply by changing the way we view them. During this course we will practice meditations that help improve the way we relate and respond to others, so we can be at peace regardless of how others behave.
NOV 3, 10, 17, 25, DEC 1, 8, 15
- Why do we find it so difficult to cherish others?
- Equanimity for everyone.
- Recognizing the kindness of others.
- The benefits of cherishing others.
- Living beings have no faults.
- Patient acceptance.
- Equalizing self and others.
Each class begins with guided breathing meditation, to help settle the mind and let go of distractions.
Gen Kelsang Zopa
A Canadian Buddhist monk, Gen Zopa has been presenting the profound and practical teachings of the Buddhist path to enlightenment for over 20 years. Renowned for the clarity and depth of his teachings, his warmth and practicality bring to life the ancient art of meditation.
Q. What are the COVID protocols for participants?
These classes are being operated by Cedar Hill Rec Centre. You can read their complete Covid-19 Safety Plan at this link.
- You should plan to arrive a little early to allow for safe-distancing during the transit to the classroom.
- Do not come if you have traveled or been around someone who has travelled in the last 14 days or if you have a temperature, sore throat or a cough. If you are unwell and unsure, please use the BC Covd-19 Self-Assessment tool at : https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Watch for signage and instructions from staff.
Q. Do I need to be a Buddhist to attend?
Q. Do I need to have any experience?
Q. How should I dress?
Q. Is there any physical exercise involved?
Q. Do I need to book in advance?
Yes, please book in advance by contacting Cedar Hill Recreation Centre using the registration information on this page.
Q. Do I have to wait for the next series of classes to begin?
It may be possible to join a course that has already begun. Please contact Cedar Hill Recreation Centre using the Registration information on this page.