COMOX FEB 2021
In-person classes at Bodhichitta Centre, Sidney SHOAL Centre, and in Comx will start up week of Feb 8, 2021, if permitted under BC government COVID-19 restrictions.
DAY: Tuesday Evening
DATES: Feb 9, 16, 23
TEACHER: Janet Marriott
WHERE: The Little Red Church in Comox, 2182 Comox Ave. (across from St. Joseph’s Hospital)
Balancing our Mind and Emotions
Through practicing meditation, we learn to develop and hold positive and peaceful states of mind even in the most difficult situations. Since good mental health comes from positive states of mind, meditation has great power to improve our mental health.
Everyone can learn the methods that free us from negative emotions, making joy, happiness and meaning our everyday reality. Come to any class you like or sign-up for the entire series!
FEB 9 ~ MEDITATION, HAPPINESS & MENTAL HEALTH
Meditation makes our mind calm and peaceful. When we are peaceful, our mind is positive and free from worries and other mental discomfort.
FEB 16 ~ FOCUSED OR FRANTIC
Why is it so difficult to maintain a continually peaceful and joyful mind? This is because of the distractions that so often crowd our mind. Learn how to reduce mental busyness and distraction and let go of worry and anxiety.
FEB 23 ~ CRITICISM OR KINDNESS
Everyone has the capacity to tap into an endless supply of inner peace and kindness. Discover how to replace negative and judgemental attitudes into warmth and friendliness.
THE LITTLE RED CHURCH
The drop-in class will be held at the Little Red Church in Comox, 2182 Comox Ave. (across from St. Joseph’s Hospital).
Janet is a meditation teacher at Bodhichitta Buddhist Centre and has been studying and practicing Kadampa Buddhism for over 15 years. Janet enjoys sharing her practical experience of how helpful Buddha’s advice and meditation techniques are in our everyday lives.
Q. What are the Covid protocols for participants?
We are operating at this location within the guidelines of the protocols of the Provincial Health Officer. Here are the main things you need to know:
- Please arrive a few minutes early and maintain social distancing while signing in.
- Do not come if you have traveled or been around someone who has travelled in the last 14 days or if you have a temperature, sore throat or a cough. If you are unwell and unsure, please use the BC Covd-19 Self-Assessment tool here.
- The use of a mask is highly recommended, but not mandatory. You should maintain social distance at all times.
- There will be no tea or snack and please don’t share food or beverage items.
- Restrooms – these are sanitized between groups. Please be mindful in using them.
- Please sanitize or wash your hands upon entering and after touching any public surface. Click here for complete Guidelines for this location.
Q. Do I need to be a Buddhist to attend?
Q. Do I need to have any experience?
Q. How should I dress?
Q. Is there any physical exercise involved?
No. The classes focus on meditation and teachings alone. You can choose to sit on a chair or meditation cushion.
Q. Is it necessary to book in advance?
Yes it is. We request that you register in advance to make it easier to follow appropriate safety protocols at this time.
You can pre-register for the whole series or class by class. You may pay in cash at the door BUT YOU MUST HAVE REGISTERED IN ADVANCE.
Thank you for your understanding.