COMOX FALL 2020
In accordance with new measures to control COVID-19 announced by the BC Provincial Health Officer, our in-person classes at Bodhichitta Centre, Sidney SHOAL Centre and Comox will be cancelled through December 7.
Online and UVic classes will continue as scheduled.
DAY: Tuesday Evening
DATES: Nov 10, 17, 24
TEACHER: Janet Marriott
WHERE: The Little Red Church in Comox, 2182 Comox Ave. (across from St. Joseph’s Hospital)
We will hold the planned Nov 24th class on Dec 8th if the order is lifted.
The Power to be Happy
The mind is the most powerful change agent in the world. What we experience in our life reflects the quality of our mind–which is why someone with an angry mind has angry experiences and someone with a peaceful mind has peaceful experiences. It’s the mind that makes the difference.
NOV 10 ~ LIVING BEINGS HAVE NO FAULTS
Although people’s minds are filled with delusions, they themselves are not faulty. All the faults we see in people are actually the faults of their delusions, not of the people themselves.
NOV 17 ~ DELUSIONS CAN BE DEFEATED
Why is it so difficult to maintain a continually peaceful and joyful mind? This is because of the delusions that so often crowd our mind. Delusions are distorted ways of looking at ourself, other people and he world around us.
NOV 24 ~ THE POWER OF A POSITIVE MIND
Everyone has the capacity to tap into an endless supply of inner peace and happiness. Everyone can learn the methods that free us from negative emotions, making joy, happiness and meaning our everyday reality.
THE LITTLE RED CHURCH
The drop-in class will be held at the Little Red Church in Comox, 2182 Comox Ave. (across from St. Joseph’s Hospital).
Janet is a meditation teacher at Bodhichitta Buddhist Centre and has been studying and practicing Kadampa Buddhism for over 15 years. Janet enjoys sharing her practical experience of how helpful Buddha’s advice and meditation techniques are in our everyday lives.
Q. What are the Covid protocols for participants?
We are operating at this location within the guidelines of the protocols of the Provincial Health Officer. Here are the main things you need to know:
- Please arrive a few minutes early and maintain social distancing while signing in.
- Do not come if you have traveled or been around someone who has travelled in the last 14 days or if you have a temperature, sore throat or a cough. If you are unwell and unsure, please use the BC Covd-19 Self-Assessment tool here.
- The use of a mask is highly recommended, but not mandatory. You should maintain social distance at all times.
- There will be no tea or snack and please don’t share food or beverage items.
- Restrooms – these are sanitized between groups. Please be mindful in using them.
- Please sanitize or wash your hands upon entering and after touching any public surface. Click here for complete Guidelines for this location.
Q. Do I need to be a Buddhist to attend?
Q. Do I need to have any experience?
Q. How should I dress?
Q. Is there any physical exercise involved?
No. The classes focus on meditation and teachings alone. You can choose to sit on a chair or meditation cushion.
Q. Is it necessary to book in advance?
Yes it is. We request that you register in advance to make it easier to follow appropriate safety protocols at this time.
You can pre-register for the whole series or class by class. You may pay in cash at the door BUT YOU MUST HAVE REGISTERED IN ADVANCE.
Thank you for your understanding.