SIDNEY SHOAL CENTRE
Monday Morning Class
In Person – Registration Required
Please register in advance (required). The number of attendants is limited to 12 due to social distancing requirements. Please read the complete Covid related protocol and procedures in the FAQ below. We want everyone to be safe!
DAY: Monday Morning – In Person
TEACHER: Gen Kelsang Zopa
COST: Preregistration Required
$10 each class / Free for Members
WHERE: Card Room, 2nd Floor | 10030 Resthaven Drive, Sidney
About Registration:You may register for the next class up to 6 am on the day of that class.
Suitable for everyone! These classes offer practical methods to improve the quality of our lives through meditation and Buddhist teachings
SEP 14, 21, 28
FREEING OUR MIND
Are you feeling overwhelmed by difficulties and obstacles in life? Learn how to bring the inner peace of meditation into your daily experience. By letting go of the inner causes of our pain and dissatisfaction we can gain the peace and clarity we need to meet life’s challenges.
OCT 5, 19, 26 (no class OCT 12)
LETTING GO OF ANGER AND CONFLICT
Imagine being able to respond skillfully to problems and conflicts with a peaceful, flexible mind free from anger or fear. By understanding the nature and causes of anger, we can begin to transform problems and conflicts into opportunities for personal growth.
Gen Kelsang Zopa
A Canadian Buddhist monk, Gen Zopa has been presenting the profound and practical teachings of the Buddhist path to enlightenment for over 20 years. Renowned for the clarity and depth of his teachings, his warmth and practicality bring to life the ancient art of meditation.
Q. What are the restrictions/rules/changes in light of Covid?
We are operating within the guidelines of the SHOAL Centre, which have been running limited classes since July, under the protocols of the Provincial Health Officer and the Town of Sidney, with success. Here are the main things you should be aware of /need to know:
- You should arrive between 5 and 15 minutes early and enter through the MAIN DOOR only. Staff will be managing that entrance – you will need to tell them what class you are attending.
- Do not come if you have traveled or been around someone who has travelled in the last 14 days or if you have a temperature, sore throat or a cough. If you are unwell and unsure, please use the BC Covd-19 Self-Assessment tool at : https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- The use of a mask is highly recommended, but not mandatory.
You should maintain social distance at all times, especially in the lines for entry and signing in.
- You should go directly to the class which will be upstairs in the card room.
- You will be asked to sign in next to your name. This sign in sheet will be shared with SHOAL Centre (but we will not provide any contact information on that sheer, just a name, UNLESS required for contact tracing).
- There will be no tea or snack and please don’t share equipment or food or beverage items.
- Restrooms – there is one upstairs and one downstairs available to you – please respect the signs for the stalls that have been closed.
- Please sanitize or wash your hands upon entering and after touching any public surface.
Note: SHOAL Centre reserves the right to take temperature checks so do not come if you have a temperature higher than 37.5.
Q. Do I need to be a Buddhist to attend?
Q. Do I need to have any experience?
Q. How should I dress?
Q. Is there any physical exercise involved?
Q. Do I need to book in advance?
Due to the strict limitations on occupancy and the need to check in at the main entrance to the SHOAL Centre, pre-registration is required right now. In the future, this will revert to being a drop-in class. Thank you for your understanding.